Bluetooth security controls
Within BSAM, controls are the technical checks that must be carried out to assess, from a security standpoint, a device with Bluetooth capabilities.
Excluding the initial information gathering section, the security controls have been grouped into 6 blocks according to the standard operation of the Bluetooth protocol.
All controls are categorized according to whether they affect Bluetooth Classic (BR/EDR) or Bluetooth LE (BLE).
Table of contents
- Information gathering - Information gathering in Bluetooth device components
- Discovery - Security in the Bluetooth discovery process
- Pairing - Security in the Bluetooth pairing process
- Authentication - Security in the Bluetooth authentication process
- Encryption - Security in encryption of Bluetooth communications
- Services - Security in Bluetooth services
- Application - Bluetooth application layer security