There are several different methods for performing a hardware security analysis (hardware hacking). Reverse engineering audits include the following lab tests:
- Memory Analysis: Memory chip removal from motherboard and firmware reading.
- Physical Interfaces: Identification and interaction with serial interfaces and hardware JTAG.
- Firmware Analysis: Firmware unpacking and file system extraction.
- Reverse Engineering : Static analysis of firmware binaries.
- Device Emulation: Firmware loading on a virtual environment for stress and security testing.
- Protocol Analysis: Communication protocol analysis and compatible client development.
- Hardware Interception: Deployment of hardware communication interception solutions in routers and modems (DSLAM, CMTS,FTTH) and software (MITM)
- Software Interception: Communication interception using intermediate proxies and “man in the middle” attacks
Reverse engineering, hardware hacking, and device analysis services provided by our IT Security team are applicable to a wide range of environments: ADSL routers, Cablemodems, TV decoders, FTA’s, Domotic Device at SmartCities, etc. If you need analyze your hardware device and system firmware security, go ahead and contact us.